Sexting, Selfies and Snapchats: What Parents Need to Know About Teens Online
Wednesday, November 12th, 7-8:30 pm at the Galvin Middle School Cafeteria
Boston University Professor Sophie Godley will give an overview of the most popular social networks being used today, including Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram. She will discuss:
- Discuss the dangers lurking in cyberspace.
- Offer tips for parents to guide their children through confusing and potentially dangerous situations.
- Facilitate a Q & A with student leaders
Lake Plunge Recap
Thank you to all those that joined us for the Lake Q Plunge and Supt. head shave on Saturday, September 13th. Special thanks to the Wakefield Marching Band, our Diversity Leaders (the barbers), Mr. Maio, the Beebe Library, WCAT and the Wakefield Cooperative Bank, the event’s sponsor. We are grateful to the Bank’s generous contribution of $5000 to the High School’s Bring Your Own Device Initiative. Most of all, I want to thank our student readers for making the event possible! Check out the footage:
The mission of the Wakefield Public Schools is to educate and inspire every student to live a life of engaged learning, personal responsibility and positive contribution through:
- safe and healthy learning environments
- diverse learning opportunities
- high quality teachers and staff
- community involvement and partnerships
- 21st century tools and skills.